Sunday 16 December 2012

second trip to Melaka

I went to Malaka again!

This time, it was very well "planned".
(at least for me, it was)

<fillers>
Before going off to Melaka at about 15:00 (or near 16:00),
we had our lunch at Kajang and bought some Mau-sang (or Musang?) durians to eat in another colleague's house.
</fillers>

This time, Melaka was like a totally different place-

it
was
so
EMPTY!


-unbelievable-

comparing to the last time we went there;
the place was crowded as he** and there was just no space for us; nor for the cars.

You may read about my previous trip to Melaka by clicking HERE.

I ranted that it's not a recommended place to go during a public holiday.

So now I shall recommend that Melaka is worth going only when it's NOT a public holiday;
OR
when it's a certain state's holiday just like what we did-

We went there during Selangor holiday.
Which means other people living in other states will not conquer visit Melaka; hence not disturbing our trip.

*I believe the reason why it is so difficult to find Melaka like this empty is because it's one of Malaysia's famous tourist spots.*

I didn't take as much pictures as before since I've already taken a lot during the previous trip...

Until people even forgot what I took.

But here's a picture to show how empty it was compared to how it was when I went on a public holiday:


obviously-
it's empty 'cause there's no shops open on this row.

But you get the idea...
it was like this overall.

All the restaurants HAD food.!
You may think: "duh, restaurants are meant for food."
But it didn't seem so during our previous trip because all the restaurants had NO food -all sold out; and it was still lunch hour!

It just didn't feel like the same place.
There was more time to relax and enjoy the place :)
Unlike previous; where those who can't take it may feel a lot stressed out 'cause people were everywhere; and cars were everywhere no matter where you turn or face.

We walked around the streets and I manage to explore some empty streets (which weren't empty the last time).

And I found this cool graffiti on one of the walls:


Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expressign(?) this right includes freedom to hold opinion without interference and to seek receive and impart information and deal(?) through any ???????? ...and regardless ?????? ...frontiers.

Article ?? universal right ??? 1948(?)

Hahahaha...

Credits to whoever did this :P

I also managed to try this yogurt ice-cream from one of the stalls:


So cute  lol

I forgot how much it costs... I think maybe RM2.50
The taste was alright-

I actually wanted to try mint flavour (the one I took was passion fruit);
but my colleague suggested me to take a different flavour 'cause he tried the mint and didn't really fancy it I think?

After going around Jonker walk;
we went to get our mille crepe (or layer cake) from [Nadeje] (take away).

*no photos of the layer cake except below 'cause the lighting was terrible*


You can see from the above photo that the layers are nicely done.
Layer after layer, there's delicious cream.

Yum yum ♫

But to make this cake is sooo time consuming and troublesome.
The cake I chose which was rums and raisins costs: RM9.00

But I guess it's worth it- not sure what others think though?
Let me know if there's other places much nicer and well worth :D

We brought this cake to Portuguese settlement (at the foodcourt) and devoured it there; and also had our dinner:


 The first thing that came to us was the drink (obviously).

JOES ONLY ONE MANGO JUICE.
(see, I'm so nice; I took a photo with the number in case you thought of having some business with this guy Joe-s)

(I wonder if they do delivery...? -since they put the number there...)

The taste was really good; but very sour because I think the mango itself was sour- and then the sour plum just adds onto it.

But the taste is definitely something I have not tried in other places.
Very recommendable *depending on which kind of mango you like.

Along came our dishes (we ate in shop#10 I think):


Portuguese Baked fish-
spicy but not THAT spicy till your tongue burns or anything.
I find it just nice.

But the best dish (although the place was supposed to be famous for seafood); was the brinjal cooked with black pepper:


3 of us ate this; and 3 of us agreed this was the best dish :p
Ho ho
*wants to self praise but I guess writing this sentence itself works*

I must say the whole stretch of houses around the Portuguese settlement area were very creatively and beautifully decorated!

It just didn't feel like I was in Malaysia at that moment.
(This sentence does not mean Malaysia is an ugly country yah)


I must say I agree to this :D
*praise the Lord!*


*outside* Santa's workshop!


Beautiful house #1.1


Beautiful house #1.2


Beautiful house #1.3

*Note: I'm not rating them; and they are randomly arranged*


Amen.


The illuminations were just so pretty!
It was like as if you're in wonderland :D

Houses were decorated with magnificent lights and the whole atmosphere seemed just so romantic :)

I was amazed because the houses invested so much into decorating; it made me confused if they were just "display houses" or were they real houses with people living inside!

After enjoying my [Yuyi-in-wonderland],

we drove to a mamak stall called "Pak Putra";
which was suggested by our colleague.

Although we were very full;
it was definitely a good choice of going there just to try:


The above picture is chicken-something-curry (or something like that).
The curry (or whatever it is) was sooo creamy and had a very good taste which I can't describe well- the chicken was as good as well! -very soft and tender.

But what's famous here seems to be the naan:


Look----

It's so fluffy!


The naan and the chicken everything was a good combination :D

Our full meal:

*Note: the naan we ordered was called: Pizza naan.


Definitely will go to Melaka again!
*Until my blog post title becomes "234,923,982nd trip to Melaka!" haha- I wish.

2 comments: