Sunday 23 December 2012

Love Your Enemies

Blessed Sunday! :)

Here's a poem I would like to share by Mother Teresa which was shown today during service; and it truly inspires me a lot- and I really do pray I could take this as my guide for the coming years (and a great resolution for the year 2013)!

 ~

People are often unreasonable, illogical and self centered; 
Forgive them anyway.


If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; 
Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies; 
Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you; 
Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight; 
Build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous; 
Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow; 
Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough; 
Give the world the best you've got anyway.

You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and your God
It was never between you and them anyway.

 ~

The title of this poem is easy to guess.
Try guessing :)
BUT no reward points even if you guessed right-
because it's just too easy :p

The title is...

ANYWAY.

Hah!

(Here's a wiki page on Mother Teresa: click HERE.)

Being a person like in the poem is definitely not an easy task-
but I pray God could give me the strength and guide me through-
reminding me that it's between me and God,
and it was never between me and them anyway


Here's the verse for today:

Love Your Enemies
"But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you," - Matt 5:44

Ending this blog entry with the worship song for today:


God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment